Saturday, December 4, 2010

Louis L'Amour Books

I first read a Louis L'Amour book when I was 12 or 13 while visiting my Uncle David in Minnesota for Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure the first one that I read was either The Ferguson Rifle or The Iron Marshall. I've loved them ever since. He was collecting them, which I thought was cool, because I like collecting! So I decided to collect them as well. Several years beyond a decade later I have 110 of Louis L'Amour's books, though for the past 3 or 4 years I've sorta stopped actively searching for them.

That is going to change. I think a good early New Year's Resolution will be to finish the collection. There are a few left that I need to get (I'm not going to count all the Collected Short Stories they've come out with recently, because many of those are already in other books). Here are a few quick suggestions if you want to experience L'Amour at his best!

  • The Daybreakers
  • The Haunted Mesa
  • The Walking Drum
  • The Californios
  • Hondo
  • The Iron Marshall
  • Kilkenny
Also, I once passed through L'Amoure, ND which is named after him. That was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment