Thursday, October 7, 2010

One of Those Days

You ever had one of those days where everything just isn’t going right? Today was one of those days for me. First, I woke up this morning at 6:02 and needed to leave for work by 6:15. I quickly got out of bed and turned on the light. I picked out the shirt I was going to wear and was looking for a white t-shirt to wear under it. I couldn’t find anything, all the whites where in the laundry, after waking my wife up I finally found an old McGregor’s Furniture t-shirt with paint on it to wear. I threw it on along with my dress pants and dress shirt and went to make my lunch quickly.

Getting out the kitchen I am rushing all over to get my peanut butter and apple butter sandwich made, along with throwing few chips and an apple in my lunch box. I then remember, right before I head out the door, that I was supposed to advance the week in the Madden 11 Online League where I’m the commissioner.  So I run downstairs, turn on the Xbox, run upstairs and head out the door. Of course my garage door clicker isn’t working properly, so I have to get out of the truck and hit the button and jump the laser while sliding under the door to shut the garage door.

Finally in the truck, I remember to turn off the radio, because I’m dedicated to spending some time in silence throughout the day this week. I begin to relax a little, thinking I won’t be so awful late, and that work today should be pretty easy. I pull in the parking lot and get my usual spot close to the light pole and close to the front entrance of the building. It’s a beautiful morning and though things were rushed, I enjoy my walk into to the building and through security.

I get inside and go upstairs to my cube. Turn my light on and reach to turn my computer on and then realize that my laptop is at home! Every Wednesday night I bring my laptop home, because I’m part of a pandemic response team, but I forgot to bring it back to work with me this morning! I’ve made this mistake in the past, but have realized it before I made it all the way to my desk.
Not happy about this, I set my lunch box down and grab my cell phone from it, since I just put it in there each morning so I don’t beep when going through security.  Then I quickly try shoving it into my pocket so I can go home to get my laptop. However, my left pants pocket won’t open.  Why not you ask? I’ll tell you why not, because I’ve washed a piece of gum inside it and now it has melted all along the inside of the pocket and is fastening the fabric together! Oh the morning is sucky.

So to end my story, I finally get home, fumble with my keys in the front door (remember my garage door clicker isn’t working), and grab my laptop and race back to work. You got to understand, where I work there are 4,000 other employees that work there also, so parking is a premium. I’m much further away now, because it is nearly an hour later that I arrive. I go through security, get my computer running, and make some Chai tea and try to relax again as I’ve got a full day of work ahead of me and no time to worry about what just happened. Except to write this little adventure down.

No comments:

Post a Comment