Monday, October 18, 2010

Lots of Games

The 13th Tribe Extravaganza was a success! At least I think so. We'll have to wait until next year to see if there will be a second annual Extravaganza next year.Here are a few things that I really enjoyed about the weekend.

I really liked all the games of course! I got to play a total of 16 games over the weekend. Which is great! Some of them were better than others, but for the most part, they were all pretty good. I especially enjoyed playing a game that I've been on the fence about buying called Dungeon Lords. The game leaves me with a feeling that I could have just done a little better. I enjoy games that make me feel that way such as Agricola, In the Year of the Dragon, Galaxy Trucker, and others.

The food was great as well. There were plenty of snacks to go around such as crackers and cheese, cookies, chip, twizzlers, and even some cornbread and brownies. Then on Saturday we had some great chili prepared by Krista. Even with two large crock pots full of it, all but one bowl was eaten.

Then, of course, the people were fun as well. It was good meet some new people and play games with some old friends. It was awesome to have the Sheltons stay the weekend with us. I look forward to when Nathan and Landon are old enough to join us for some gaming, which isn't too long away.

It's interesting how everyone has their hobbies, whether it is snowboarding, quilting, going to the movies, or board games. It's nice to be able to do my hobby for 3 straight days and to have a great wife that lets me do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment