Friday, October 29, 2010

New Website

This week has been a stressful one at work. All day every day it feels like someone has been at my desk, on my phone, or in my inbox with stuff to fix. I enjoy being busy and I enjoy the rushed nature of it, but at the same time it makes me want to relax in the evening.

Now normally I'd relax to a good board game or some Madden or maybe a good action movie. This week though I've been relaxing differently. I'm involved in putting on a local board game convention each year towards the end of February or beginning of March. This coming year with be the 4th year for this convention, the 3rd year that I've been actively involved in organizing it. One thing that we've been seriously lacking is a website for not only the convention, but our local game group. So I decided to build one.

I did this once before in high school when I had a board game group called the Cornstalk Board Gamers. That website was pretty horrible compared to the one I've got going now for the Indy Board Gamers. The tool on webs.com is a pretty good tool and I feel like I've got at least a good start on the site. It'll be better when I can add more information and improve it a little bit. This week I did spend several hours in the evening "relaxing" building the website. I like creating things sometimes I've noticed. Pine boxes, storage shelves, websites, and Excel spread sheets. Even at work I enjoy creating an assessment now and then.

Here is the site: indyboardgamers.webs.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment