Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Email Signatures

I send thousands of emails from home and work each year. Some about nothing important at all and some that have national security at stake (okay, not really, but I like to think so). I have 5 lines on my signature block at work. My name, my title, my company, my phone number, and my fax number. These all seem to be reasonable to me. However, I've received a few emails in the past days that have made me think maybe I'm not following proper email etiquette. Some of them have had 10+ lines explaining how to contact their grandma and what is the best thing to do in a tornado warning. So without further ado, I'd like to tell you I'm going to improve my email etiquette.

V/R,

Mr. Adam Daulton, MBA, PHR, Esquire
Blogger
Theology, Board Games, and Life
www.blogger.com
The Internet
The Daulton Household
A Street In Indianapolis
Indiana
United States of America
North American Contitent
Earth
The Milky Way
The Universe
317-XXX-XXXX cell
317-XXX-XXXX wife's cell
317-XXX-XXXX Neighbor's Cell
73899373 Cat's Collar ID Number
adam.daulton@email.com
1-800-Flowers
911
Softball Coach
238-23-2323 Fake SSN
Yats Is Great
And so is Bacon

3 comments:

  1. Phew. Good thing you added the cat's collar id. I was worried that I may not be able to get a hold of you without that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you still like bacon and I am so glad there is a lawyer in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you warned me that the SSN was fake...

    ReplyDelete