Friday, January 28, 2011

Legos

I've been wanting to write about two things this week: legos & designing my own board game. Legos wins out in this post. I hadn't thought about Legos for a very long time until during the holidays Nathan and Landon brought a few Lego trucks and cars over to build and I had a great time building them with the boys. That really got me wanting some Legos!

I know, I know. I'm a 27 year old man with a beard, a kid, a wife, a mortgage, and a Chevy S-10. I shouldn't want to play with Legos. I don't want to play with them, I want to build them and collect them. That is a weakness of mine, I like collecting things, and Legos seems like a good thing to collect. Then I started looking at price tags. $150 for a space ship. Are you kidding me!

I remember one birthday or Christmas my parents bought me a real "designer" set. By designer set, I mean it was a medieval castle with instructions how to build it. Up to that point I'd only had a big bucket of all kinds of colorful blocks to be put together. That castle was awesome! It was black and came with knights and horses and maybe a catapult of some kind (I can't really remember, but I think it should have one), and tree's and everything.

Today I went to Toys 'R' us and looked around at all their Lego sets. They have quite a few lines such as Harry Potter, Atlantis, Toy Story, Star Wars, Pirates, Pharoah's Quest, and a couple others I'm sure I'm forgetting. They were sweet looking! I'll bet it would be really fun to build them, but perhaps I'll have to wait until Kaylee is older to justify buying them so that "we" can build them.

So don't be surprised in a few years when you walk into my house and I have a curio cabinet of pyramids, mummies, and daring archeologists adventuring in the desert. You can look at me like I should grow up, but I won't care, because I think Legos are cool no matter how old you are.

P.S. I wish they had some Lord of the Rings Legos. Maybe they do, I'll have to do some real searching.

P.P.S. My next post will either be on Head Honcho (my game), Wasting Your Life (a book by John Piper), or The Bartimaues Trilogy (a new book series I'm reading).

P.P.P.S. Or the next post could be on a dramatic driving experience.

P.P.P.P.S. That's a lot of Ps.

2 comments:

  1. Yes they do have LOTR legos...but come on. Pirates, spacemen, or knights are the only way to go. You have to stick with the classics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think someone enjoys my favorite two letters of the alphabet. P.S. Pink Girly Legos that build shopping malls & pet stores are the best:)

    ReplyDelete