Saturday, November 9, 2013

Never Giving Up Always and Forever Love

This is a post I've been meaning to write for awhile. Sometimes I like to right about theology, try to wade into the deep end of thoughts about God, and see how much my brain will hurt. However this time is theology for my children. Over the past several months I've been trying to read the Bible to my children a couple times a week. Not King James, year 1611, going all Ye crazy on their heads. Rather, The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones.  We finally finished about a month or so ago and have started over again.

It's funny how sometimes as parents or teachers how we can get more out of what we are parenting or teaching than our children. Sometimes, I try to over-calculate or over-theorize about things, instead of just looking at the obvious. The past several months reading this 348 page children's Bible to my kids has done me some good. It has pointed out that despite all my theology (right or wrong), despite my selfishness, despite my anger, despite my contempt for others, despite my idolatry, despite...okay, you get the idea. There are a lot of "despites" in my life. God still loves me. It is Romans 5:8 screaming out to me: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

I want to leave you with this, a quote from the kid's Bible. This is what I want my kids to know. This is what I want you to know. This is what I want attempt to copy in my own life, even though I know the failures will be there. This is Zerchariah (John the Baptist's daddy) singing.

Because God loves us with a Never Stopping,
Never Giving Up, Unbreaking,
Always and Forever Love -
Heaven is breaking through!
He is sending us a Light from Heaven
To shine on us like the sun
To shine on those who live in darkness
And in the shadow of death
To guide our feet into the way of peace

No comments:

Post a Comment